We enjoy inviting guest coaches to share their expertise with our members in short courses, workshops and events, introducing us to whole new ways of moving that we didn’t know existed. There are so many approaches to doing exercise; together we can find the way that you really enjoy.
Courses and workshops are not included in any memberships, though members of the co-operative get 10% off.
No upcoming short courses!
Workshops are one-off weekend sessions that last 2-4 hours and give opportunity for a focused, deep dive into a subject.
Know Your Cycle
Saturday 7th May, 10:30-12:30
Many of us grew up knowing the bare minimum about our cycles and were even taught that our periods were something to be embarrassed by. But what if the stories we were told weren’t true and our cycle could be an ally rather than an enemy in our lives?
Led by Lottie Randomly, in this 2 hour session we will explore the rhythms of our cycles for deeper self-care and self-knowledge by:
- Digging into the four phases of the menstrual cycle and considering their unique qualities.
- Inquiring into how the menstrual cycle relates to the other cycles in the natural world and beyond.
- Dispelling some of the myths about having a menstrual cycle.
- Exploring where we struggle with our cycles and where we feel at our best.
- Supporting one another to imagine what changes we could make both individually and collectively that might make our cycles easier (and possibly even pleasurable?) for us.
- Considering the politics of menstruation and so-called PMS.
- Discussing methods for tracking and recording our rhythms.
- Giving time for sharing and discussion.
Whether you have a regular cycle or an irregular one; hate your period or love it; struggle with tough symptoms or breeze through each month – this workshop welcomes all experiences.