After much deliberation within the co-op, we have decided to start offering indoor strength training sessions again, initially for a trial period throughout August.
We recognise that not everyone will be wanting to come to indoor sessions and will continue to offer outdoor and online classes too.
For all in-person classes
If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19 (find an updated list for how these differ with your vaccination status here) or have been in close contact with a positive case, please cancel your booking and do not attend. Your class credit will be refunded to your account.
We do not require proof of a negative test result or vaccination but do encourage our members to take a PCR / lateral flow test beforehand.
Before booking, please make sure that your contact details are up to date in the app as we need these for NHS Test and Trace.
We ask that all our members assume that any other person attending the class may be at a higher risk or feeling more anxious and so to always err on the side of caution and with respect for each other’s personal space.
For indoor classes
We are excited to be able to lift weights with you again and are implementing a range of measures to ensure our members, coaches and wider communities remain as safe as possible from the spread of Covid-19.
- All Hallows is a large and airy space that allows us to have a maximum of 12 people in a class with current arrangements.
- Please attend on time to minimise mixing. Mask wearing is still encouraged, especially when arriving and leaving.
- Everyone will have their own 2m x 2m square to exercise in, with 1m or 2m gangways between each square so we can move around safely.
- All three doors will be wide open throughout the sessions and we have fans to help with ventilation.
- Regular hand washing and sanitisation is encouraged. We have some sanitiser but please bring your own if you can.
- Our coaches will programme in such a way that involves sharing equipment with one other person so we can all get a turn on the squat rack, bench etc. and also provide alternatives if you’d rather avoid this.
- We will not be providing yoga mats – please bring your own. We can give alternative exercises if you don’t have one and a movement is uncomfortable.
Although we have planned to run this trial through August, we may change this with no notice in response to the wider situation. We will always give as much notice as we can and refund any class credits for bookings cancelled as a result of timetable changes.
The health of our members is our highest priority and this policy is a work in progress. If there is something you feel we could be doing better, please tell us.