Well, the last six months certainly have been interesting! Thank you to everyone who filled out the survey that we sent out, it was fantastic to hear such great feedback about how the livestreams had helped people during those initial days of lockdown. We’ve just had our AGM and confirmed that the best way to proceed through the autumn and winter is to stay focused on providing our weekday sessions as online livestreams (with catch up recordings). If you’re new to us and aren’t sure of what that is – the TLDR is that we do 4 weekly sessions online for £15 per month. Read more about them here.
That same feedback along with discussions within the co-op membership also highlighted how much people missed having in person sessions, even though everyone was aware that at the moment those in person sessions can’t be done in the same way as we used to (at least for now!). We’ve all had our thinking caps on and we’re excited to announce that we’ll be trialling a series of outdoor sessions in October.
These outdoor sessions will be held at the weekends, and we’re trying out a variety of times for them. The first two have been booked in and will be coached by Guy at 10am on Sunday 4th October and 4pm on Sunday 11th October. They are available for free to any co-op members or monthly subscribers (as these are trial outdoor sessions we’re also making them available to subscribers of the “Qwop” Online Only level). The sessions will be available for booking a week in advance of each session, just check the normal teamup booking calendar.
First up – Guy’s World Sports Club! Sunday 4th October at 10am – available to book now!
“Come and play lesser-known sports and games from around the world – extinct sports, traditional and indigenous sports, new inventions… We will learn about the origin of two sports each session and then have a go at them. New sports every session means we’re all beginners and the focus can be on fun and fitness over winning.
All sports will be socially-distant but may involve some shared equipment which will be cleaned between use. Hand sanitiser will be provided but bring your own too.”
As these are trial sessions – please use our feedback form after the session, we’d really like to hear from attendees how things might be adjusted/improved or simply that we’re amazing and we nailed it 🙂
We’re really looking forward to seeing everyone again, and so will sign off with some fun health and safety info!
Health & Safety Info
- Please assume that any person attending the class may be at a higher risk than you, and always err on the side of caution.
- If you feel like you are suffering from any coronavirus symptoms before the session, cancel your registration and do not attend the class even though it is outdoors. NHS Coronavirus Symptoms Info.
- We have capped the class size at 12, please do not mix before, during or after the class.
- Outdoor sessions will be socially distanced, but may use some shared equipment which will be cleaned between use. The session coach will be responsible for the cleaning of the equipment, or instructions in how to clean (and therefore will monitor that this is done correctly).
- Please arrive promptly for the session as the coach will go over all health & safety guidance around social distancing during the class, and the use of any equipment. If you arrive after this has been done you may not be able to take part in the session.
- Please bring your face-mask for before and after the session, and antibacterial hand gel.
- Read the BCG Coronavirus Risk Assessment in full here