We run one off workshops from time to time on specialist subjects with guest coaches, such as our Strongman Picnic, Eat Like It Matters, Introduction to Wrestling and BJJ, Storytelling Through Yoga and Introduction To Olympic Weightlifting. Workshops are our “limited edition” sessions and usually get fully booked, so we make sure that the class size is appropriate for the session content.
Workshops are not covered by monthly subscriptions, but you get 10% off if you are a voting member.
Maintaining Strength and Fitness During the Lockdown – Free Online Workshop
Time: Sunday 21st June 2020, 11:00-12:30
Workshop leader: Guy Lochhead
It can be hard to stay active during this pandemic with the restrictions on movement, limited access to facilities and equipment, stress, and many other pressing demands for our time, but we all know the benefits of doing so.
Guy presents a free online workshop to hopefully help us navigate some of this.
- identify what you want from your exercise routine
- consider what you can and can’t do without access to a gym
- explore the minimum training dose for maintaining strength, fitness and flexibility
- see how your current schedule may already meet those requirements
- make tweaks or build in extra activity to make up any shortfall
- learn from research around habit-forming and behavioural psychology to try to make this approach stick
The workshop just requires a pen and paper – we won’t be doing any exercise.
To book on, scroll to the workshop in the calendar below. All of our bookings are handled by TeamUp. There is a detailed walkthrough of using TeamUp here. Payment can be made through Stripe or GoCardless for recurring payments.
Workshops also be available to book on Move GB (when possible) a week in advance.