We are looking for another self-employed strength coach!
We are the inclusive, body-positive gym that’s run by its members.
We offer expertly-delivered strength training and HIIT sessions in a supportive, open environment where people can feel comfortable to train and progress free from judgements about who they are and what they can lift.
We are a co-operative, meaning decisions about the running of the gym are made collectively by our coaches and members. We seem to be the only gym that runs like this in the country, and we’re excited to demonstrate how this alternative gym model can work.
About the job
We are looking for someone to join our coaching team who will:
- Revel in our members’ successes and support them through their challenges.
- Lead by example to create an environment of excitement and respect in every class.
- Give new members a warm welcome and introduce them to the class when they arrive
- Make sure all members are signed-in before midnight
- Plan and deliver safe, effective, fun workouts, with appropriate modifications to accommodate injuries and abilities
- Be present for members’ questions before and after classes
- Actively listen and reflect on how future sessions can be made even better
- Have a nationally-accredited trainer certification, insurance and Emergency First Aid
- Become a member of our co-operative and help us shape our alternative gym future
You will be required to lead classes on some weekday lunchtimes and evenings. Currently, our timetable includes classes on:
- Monday 13:00-14:00, 17:30-19:00
- Wednesday 13:00-14:00, 17:30-19:00, 19:00-20:00
- Thursday 17:30-18:30, 18:30-20:00
Ideally, you would be able to cover all of these in the period between 17th and 23rd September, while our other coach is on holiday.
Usually, the classes would be split between both coaches. The times may change in future, and classes may be added or removed, but this would be decided co-operatively to suit you, the other coach, and our members.
In exchange, you would be paid £20-30 / hour and have access to All Hallows Hall and the gym’s equipment to run Personal Training sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 06:00-12:00 for £12.50 / hour (or less, if you’re training at the same time as another coach and can split the rent).
We want to demonstrate that an alternative gym model is possible. If you would like to be a part of this, please write to us at mail[at]bristolcooperativegym.org before 17th August, explaining why you’ll be a great fit.
We are particularly interested to hear from people who are under-represented in the fitness industry.