Date: Sundays 17:00-18:00
Cost: £7 (£6 for members)
Coach: Isaac Lucksted
Flexibility training allows us to access new ranges of motion and restore lost movement, but doing this without strength and control can cause injury. Isaac Lucksted will build us up to becoming more flexible using super-effective techniques drawn from many disciplines.
- Improving body awareness – draw your attention inwards and “reconnect” with your body to find, understand and target patterns of tension more effectively
- Movement patterning – show your body how to safely move into whatever new position you are learning
- Dynamic stretching – use movements that increase the range of the muscles we are interested in
- Static stretching – hold new positions to show the body that they’re safe
- Strengthening – build strength in these new ranges of motion
These classes will sometimes involve partner stretches, where you will work with someone else to help each other into deeper stretches. If you’d prefer not to do this, please tell the coach so they can give you something else to do instead.
Isaac Lucksted is an acrobatics and movement enthusiast currently studying under Emmet Louis. He came to flexibility training as an adult so his approach doesn’t assume any prior mobility. Drawing from circus, gym-based strength training and internal martial arts practices, he will help you get the most from your flexibility training.
There is a detailed walkthrough of using TeamUp here.
Move GB members, book on there.