Bristol Co-operative Gym creates a supportive open exercise space where we can feel comfortable, in our own clothes, with our own music, to progress in our way.
- To build a culture of non-judgement and celebration of each other’s progress
- To build a supportive and inclusive culture, free from assumptions about identity and appearance
- To empower people to create healthy training habits
- To engage people who are excluded from most training facilities
- To provide high quality coaching and training facilities
- To have fair pricing models, remaining as affordable as possible
- To be a financially sustainable organisation, free from reliance on external funding
- To work with local community groups to improve our offer and accessibility for all members of our local communities. Further, we wish to reach out to communities most likely to feel excluded from mainstream commercial gyms.
- To empower people to improve their own physical and mental well-being
- To make best use of our equipment and resources through well-attended sessions
- To continue to improve our offer through increased number and diversity of sessions
- To use accessible venues and work towards a secure tenure
- To employ professional session leaders with a fair wage and fair contracts